Saturday, December 2, 2017

Heat and A/C


I don't believe I have any decent pics but I bought a new RV furnace for about $350. It is the direct output kind that blows straight out into the space, not ducted. I mounted it in a cabinet on the side wall and posed a bit of a problem with the wall depth. I ended up having to weld extensions on the exhaust tubes which I found easily at an auto parts store in the exhaust section. I guessimated the size of the furnace to be a 20k btu which turns out to easily heat the space with the excellent insulation.

I black piped the line through the floor where a hose connects to a 100lb cylinder. I had the hose made up at my local propane supplier complete with the regulator and fittings to connect right to the tank.

Cooling, I haven't actually needed any A/C yet. But If I was putting it in I would use a minisplit unit. They are quieter, more efficient which costs you less to run and draws lower power. There are also geothermal ways of cooling with pvc pipes buried in the ground then a fan blowing that air into your space. They can be found and researched from places like www.minisplitwarehouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment