Sunday, December 3, 2017

Conclusion

The pics show the pretty basic idea of what I did, how and why. It's pretty much done now other than a few little things to finish up. I still have to rust treat and paint the exterior and finish some minor electrical. I hope this info has given you some ideas and inspiration to do your own. The energy savings of this highly insulated container are very evident. Especially compared to the storage half and when I started construction and the sun started shining on it. In temps down below zero the furnace will run about once an hour or so and used very little propane.

The storage half really needs some ventilation. I installed some regular drier vents in the top of the doors to help with that. A 3" hole was cut with a hole saw and plenty of oil while cutting. I cut out the flaps from the vents and stuck some screen in there before screwing it to the door.

Do some research, watch some videos and ask questions. Most importantly get out there and just do it. You will learn more by doing than worrying you don't have the skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment